- March 6, 2020
- Posted by: PilotIP
- Category: Airline Pilot
PilotIP.ie gives you the top 10 pilot interview questions
For Cadet candidates:
- What is the most important instrument in a cockpit and why?
- What are the biggest threats to the aviation industry?
- Explain the Airbus A320 aircraft.
- What are the differences between an A320 and a 737?
- Explain the factors involved in a high profile aviation accident/incident.
- How can a pilot contribute to a company’s day to day success?
- What qualities do you have that make you think you are an organisational fit with our company?
- How can a pilot show leadership?
- How does a jet engine, wing, propellor, car engine work?
- Why should we choose you over the thousands of other candidates?
For Direct Entrant Pilots:
- What elements of flight training did you find the most difficult?
- Describe a time when you had to persuade a captain/colleague to change their decision or course of action.
- Describe a time when you had to overcome conflict or had a disagreement with a captain. How did you go about this? What was the outcome?
- What are the Airbus Golden Rules?
- Discuss rapid decompression, low visibility, TCAS, EGPWS, pilot incapacitation…
- Communication is a key competency for pilots. Give an example of a time when you demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- What are the memory items for an engine failure in the cruise, rejected takeoff, V1 cut…
- What are the stabilised approach criteria?
- What are the Cat 1 minima, cat II, etc?
- Discuss SMS, mandatory occurrence reporting. What is just culture?
Want to be a pilot?
Contact PilotIP.ie for more interview questions and interview preparation.